The school's vision is embodied in our Mission Statement and Aims:
Crescent School exists to provide a broad, balanced education for children aged from 4 to 11 years within an environment based on Christian values. We encourage children to strive for excellence in all that they do.
The policy of the school is to safeguard children and to affirm that every child matters whilst providing a broad, general education within a Christian ethos with particular emphasis on literacy and numeracy in the early years. The curriculum encompasses, and goes well beyond, the National Curriculum. The highest standards are sought, enabling each child to progress and develop, and to achieve their potential. The school seeks to develop the individual talents and interests of each pupil and a wide range of extracurricular activities is provided.
- Every child feels happy and safe in school.
- Every child is given the opportunity to increase their knowledge and develop their critical thinking in numeracy, literacy, languages, technology, sport, creative arts and performing arts.
- Every child is given the opportunity to develop spiritually and morally.
- Every child experiences competition in a supportive environment and is encouraged to view mistakes as opportunities to learn.
- Every child is given the opportunity to develop an awareness of others.
- Every child moves on to their first choice senior school.
- Every child is fully prepared for the move up to senior school.
To help us to achieve these aims we need the best possible staff team and the best possible facilities. We certainly have a very strong staff team who are able to deliver high quality lessons across a very broad curriculum with areas of great strength in sport, music and drama.