The Headmaster, Huw Marshall, took up his appointment in September 2002 having served, for the previous six years, as a deputy head and director of studies in another I.A.P.S. school. Prior to that he had spent 15 years in a variety of schools both private and state-maintained teaching children aged 7 to 18. In 2010 he became an inspector with the Independent Schools' Inspectorate. Huw has recently announced his decision to retire at the end of this academic year, so the Foundation is currently in the process of searching for his replacement to lead the school from September 2017
In total there are seven full time teachers (four women and three men) and seven part-time, with a very healthy mix of youth and experience. There are also ten teacher's assistants working across the school.
The Crescent is a small school with an experienced, skilled and committed staff who create a secure and happy environment within which the pupils can learn and develop to the best of their ability. We take particular pride in the behaviour and friendliness of all the pupils. It is a happy, successful and most rewarding school in which to work, with strong team spirit and much humour in the staff room, the classroom and the playground. Fun is much in evidence!
- Mr R. H. Marshall, B.Sc.Hons, P.G.C.E. Headmaster
- Mrs B.J. Forth, B.Sc.Hons, P.G.C.E. Deputy Head, Class V Form Tutor
- Mr A.J. Webb, B.Ed.Hons Assistant Head, Class I Form Tutor
Senior Management Team
The SMT consists of the Leadership team plus:
- Mrs S.E. Lowe, B.Ed.Hons Class VI Form Tutor
- Mrs H.M. Morley, A.C.I.B. Finance Manager & Registrar
- Mrs A. Boys, Cert.Ed. Class II Form Tutor
- Mrs J. Barnes, B.A.Hons, P.G.C.E. Director of Music
- Mrs J. Byrne, B.Sc.Hons, P.G.C.E.
- Mrs S.L.Clayton, B.Ed.Hons Reception Class Form Tutor
- Mrs E. Monteith B.Ed.Hons Class IV Form Tutor
- Mrs. S. Stapleton, B.Sc.Hons, Q.T.S., Class III Form Tutor
- Ms J. Tourigny, C.M.F.L.
- Mr M. Phillips, B.Ed.Hons with Q.T.S.
- Miss K. Thompson B.A. Hons
- Mrs L. Brazier, B.A.
- Mrs A. Noyce, R.G.N., Cert EYP (Open) (Level 4)
- Mrs D. Olner, BTEC Diploma
- Miss A. Wren, City & Guilds in Learning Support
- Mrs M. Hanson, Level 3 N.N.E.B.
- Mrs S. Dowling B.Sc.
- Mrs. A. Thompson N.V.Q. L3
- Mrs S. Calder N.V.Q. L3
- Mrs B. Dumbleton N.V.Q. L2
- Miss A Wrzesniacka
After School Care
Mrs R. Weir, Mrs. M. Hanson, Mrs E S Allcott
Ms Y. Marks, Mrs B. Dumbleton, Mrs. M. Hanson
- Mrs W. Boswell, B. Mus Hons, A.B.S.M., A.L.C.M.
- Miss H. Jones, BA.Mus.Hons
- Mrs D. Fisher BA (Open) & Dip Music
- Mr M. Svensson BA.Mus.Hons
- Dance: Mrs. L. McGaughey, A.I.D.T.A.
- School Secretary: Mrs D.C. Randle
- Office Assistant: Mrs M.W. Marshall
- Catering Manageress: Mrs J. Slatcher
- School Shop Manageress: Mrs C. Robinson
- Caretaker: Mr W. Pithie
- Cleaners: Mrs L. Green, Mrs L. Linford and Mrs L. Shallcross
The Princethorpe Foundation's Governing Body is responsible for determining the aims and overall conduct of the school. It sets and reviews the policies, plans and procedures that will ensure the best possible education for present and future pupils of the school, including the proper control of its finances. It is also accountable for the discharge of its responsibilities to pupils, parents and staff.
Trustess come from a variety of backgrounds, but all have relevant knowledge and experience to offer the school. Those backgrounds currently include: legal, financial, educational, sales and building.
- Mrs Mary O’Farrell, BEd, QTS, CTC (Chair)
- Sister Mary Jude Bogie SP, BEd
- Quintin Cornforth, BSc
- Mrs Elizabeth Griffin, BSc, PGCE, CTC
- David Jackson, MInst AM, HNC Business Studies*
- Mrs Sarah Kershaw
- Mrs Cecilia Lane
- Mrs Pat Lines, Cert Ed
- Mrs Catherine MacDonald, BA, PGCE, PQH(NI) MEd
- Miss Teresa McNamara, B Phil, Cert Ed
- Jean-Pierre Parsons, BA, MA, MSc*
- Eur Ing Peter Rush, BSc, CEng, F I Mech E, MBA
- Colin Russell, IEng, ACIBSE, MBA
- Commodore Bernard Warner
Trustees can be contacted via the Foundation Clerk to the Trustees, Eddie Tolcher.